By Chris Wrigley
Read or Download British Trade Unions since 1933 (New Studies in Economic and Social History) PDF
Similar uk history books
Billericay in Essex used to be initially a prehistoric cost. This booklet tells its tale from these occasions, in the course of the Roman profession, its eclipse and its next upward push in significance. It describes the switch from a rural marketplace city within the mid-nineteenth century to a dormitory city for London after the arriving of the railway in 1889.
In 1911, Winston S. Churchill and Robert L. Borden turned partners in an try to supply naval safeguard for the British Empire as a naval predicament loomed with Germany. Their scheme for Canada to supply battleships for the Royal military as a part of an Imperial squadron was once rejected via the Senate with nice implications for the long run.
The British Expeditionary strength – The 1915 crusade is a radical account of the BEF's activities through the battles of 1915 and early 1916, beginning with the good fortune at Neuve Chapelle in March and the nightmare fuel assault at Ypres in April. It follows their
T-style:italic;" >Norfolk Coast within the nice struggle makes a speciality of the rigors and joys, the achievements and disappointments, the humor and the unhappiness of lifestyle in a sector dwelling at the fringe of the rustic on the middle of the Kings huge Empire. all people from the people who went off to struggle, to scouts and schoolchildren, had a task to play during this beach that had, because the time of the Spanish Armada, been thought of a possible position for an enemy invasion.
- A History of the British Isles (Palgrave Essential Histories series)
- England under the Norman and Angevin Kings: 1075-1225 (New Oxford History of England)
- England's First Great War Minister : How Wolsey Made a New Army and Navy and Organized the English Expedition to Artois and Flanders in 1513, and How Things ... Then May Inspire and Guide Us Now in 1916
- Debating the Slave Trade: Rhetoric of British National Identity, 1759–1815 (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
- The English Parliaments of Henry VII 1485-1504 (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- Swansea in the Great War (Your towns and cities in the great war)
Extra info for British Trade Unions since 1933 (New Studies in Economic and Social History)
British Trade Unions since 1933 (New Studies in Economic and Social History) by Chris Wrigley