By Michael Lemons
Read Online or Download Cush to Mysterious Babylon: Africa and the Covenant People PDF
Similar african history books
The contribution of Western schooling to the construction of an African-educated elite is easily documented. what's no longer both good documented is the truth that African-educated elites have used their schooling and the colleges to perpetuate their dominance through denying the bad the information essential to guard their political and financial rights and to enhance in society.
This can be the 1st biographical dictionary of significant political leaders in sub-Saharan Africa in view that 1945, leaders who've made very important and sometimes determinative contributions to politics and executive of their international locations and within the zone as a complete. Editor Harvey Glickman has introduced jointly a world staff of specialists to profile fifty-three vital heads of nation, theorists, social gathering leaders, and politicians from a consultant workforce of African international locations.
This booklet examines the ancient strategy typically known as the autumn of Rome and upward push of Islam from the point of view of the pink Sea, a strategic waterway linking the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean and a unique sector incorporating Africa with Arabia. The transition from Byzantium to the Caliphate is contextualized within the contestation of local hegemony among Aksumite Ethiopia, Sasanian Iran, and the Islamic Hijaz.
This booklet offers a story historical past of Italian colonialism from Italian unification within the 1860s to the 1st decade of the 20th century; that's, it info Italy’s imperialism within the years of the Scramble for Africa. It offers with the criteria that drove Italy to look for territory in Africa within the 1870s and Eighteen Eighties and describes the reasoning in the back of the trajectories followed and pursuits pursued.
- Deconstructing a God: An Apocalyptic Revelation on the Kemetic (Egyptian) Origins and Historical Evolution of Psychogenetic White Supremacy
- The Calls of Islam: Sufis, Islamists, and Mass Mediation in Urban Morocco (Public Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa)
- Routledge Revivals: Medieval Jewish Civilization (2003): An Encyclopedia: Volume 15 (Routledge Revivals: Routledge Encyclopedias of the Middle Ages)
- African Dominion: A New History of Empire in Early and Medieval West Africa
- Failed State 2030: Nigeria - A Case Study, Tribal Conflict, Civil War, Islam and Religious Strife, Terrorism, Crime, Niger Delta, OPEC, Military Coups, Goodluck Jonathan
- The Politics of Heritage in Africa: Economies, Histories, and Infrastructures (The International African Library)
Extra info for Cush to Mysterious Babylon: Africa and the Covenant People
Cush to Mysterious Babylon: Africa and the Covenant People by Michael Lemons