By Lauren Rosewarne
Written by way of a professional in media, pop culture, gender, and sexuality, this ebook surveys the typical archetypes of net users—from geeks, nerds, and players to hackers, scammers, and predators—and assesses what those stereotypes show approximately our culture's attitudes relating to gender, know-how, intimacy, and identity.
• offers exhaustively researched and richly distinct information regarding the interaction among media representations of net clients and gender, politics, know-how, and society that's interesting and enjoyable to read
• offers findings that recommend that during spite of the web being so accepted, technophobia continues to be an inherent subtext of many popular culture references to it
• Considers how nearly all of the portrayals of net person stereotypes are male—and evaluates how those male-dominated roles form and are formed by means of well known attitudes approximately sexuality, expertise, intimacy, and identity
• Written via Lauren Rosewarne, a broadly released specialist within the parts of recent media, pop culture, gender, and sexuality
Read or Download Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes PDF
Best popular culture books
Track has continuously been valuable to the cultures that youth create, keep on with, and embody. within the Nineteen Sixties, younger hippie little ones sang alongside approximately peace with the likes of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez and attempted to alter the realm. within the Nineteen Seventies, many adolescents ended up coming domestic in physique baggage from Vietnam, and the track scene replaced, embracing punk and bands just like the intercourse Pistols.
This article examines comics, photo novels, and manga with a large, foreign scope that finds their conceptual origins in antiquity. • contains quite a few illustrations of British satirical prints, eastern woodblock prints, and the artwork of fashionable illustrators• features a bankruptcy at the most modern advancements in electronic comics
Why are recreation stars principal to star tradition? What are the results in their repute? continuing from a largely established dialogue of heroism, status and superstar, clever addresses a few trendy smooth activities and activity stars, together with Michael Jordan (basketball), David Beckham (football), Tiger Woods (golf), Anna Kournikova and the Williams sisters (tennis).
Initially released in 1980. music could be the most powerful type of conventional tradition. Its power and effort characterize the ability of the neighborhood from which it springs. This e-book specializes in conventional making a song in small English villages. It reports intimately an task which matches to the center of the communal existence in any village and demonstrates how music turns into the lifeblood of the traditions of rural lifestyles.
- Counting Down the Rolling Stones: Their 100 Finest Songs
- The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs
- Teaching Lifetime Sports
- Unseen: My Journey
- Beyond Rosie: A Documentary History of Women and World War II
- First of the Year: 2008: Volume I
Additional resources for Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes
Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes by Lauren Rosewarne